Tuesday, September 7, 2010

7/9/2010- first chemo day

my CT scan everything normal..
thank god!

while waiting to see doc See,
i had some thots/observations..

1)i chit chat w a cancer lady (30+) beside me.

it makes me realise tat my cancer is really in a very blessed stage.
mine after ops, after chemo/radio, then can fully cure.
my CT scan result v gd, hence chances to spread to other parts is v low.
i can still claim large sum of $$.

the cancer lady i chatted with,
got lung cancer.
she said she had v bad back pain..
so go chk found to be lung cancer.
she dun smoke!
the problem is her cancer cells spread to other parts of body.
she has been doing chemo 7mths ago,
and she is still trying out different chemo medicine now, but dun seems to control the spread.

she told me "cannot give up hope!"
makes me realise "so wat if i got a urine tube"
cos i can recover n be cured in 3mths time..
whereas this lady is still tryin after 7 mths..

2)i saw a vietnam chio 30+ lady (SPG look) with her ang mo husband
she dress v chio.. LV shawl over her neck, tall, tight jeans, sleeveless..
full make up.. looks v sexy..
her husband is v encouraging, talk in soft gentle positive tone.
he keep kissing her cheek when he talk to her..
very sweet n loving husband..

when im inside chemo room,
i saw her dripping chemo too..
im shock cos she totally dun look like cancer patient at all..
she got beautiful hair etc..

whereas i quite lok kok..
wear shorts + t shirt
with a pink bag with inside is urine bag..
but is ok la..
heee.. comfy can liao...
------------------------------

my appt is 11am but i start chemo only ard 1245pm..
super hungry liao
cos i thot enuf time to go home eat lunch cos i est will end at 1pm...

i realise got different chemo medicine one..
some will cause hair loss, some wont..
some will vomit, some wont...

anyway my chemo medicine need to drip 3hrs...
plus set up etc..
total take ard 3.5-4hrs..
so today i end ard 4pm!
my hand...

doc See is super nice!
she sees tat im hungry, she physically help me buy delifrance tuna criossant!
yummy!
and she dun wan me return $ for criossant..
nice max!
dear went office work.. no need to b ard wasting time..

she also help me buy another urine pack where i can tie on my leg so i can wear dress..
no need to use hand to hold..
but the holding capacity is smaller..
so i have to clear urine more often..
think i wont change la..
cos i got alot alot of urine while sleeping..
see the yummy criossant...
my face quite round hor..
maybe angle problem + short fringe..

before dripping chemo,
nurse gave me anti-vomit medicine..
this medicine make me giddy...
end up i slept the whole process of 3.5hrs!
good also.. dun need to think or feel anything..

doc say i'll start to feel side effect few days later...

today 1st day,
-sleepy = abit
-appetite = ok, can eat..
-walk = ok, got strength
-hair = still got spikeys
-nauseous = no
-body changes = no change.. maybe abit warm? or is it weather hot..
-constipation = maybe cos cant pass motion after chemo. maybe didnt eat alot today..
lunch is tuna croissant, dinner is my "supposed lunch" porridge.. so really not alot food la..

tmr im going for another chemo medicine..
duno how i'll feel.

------------------------------
some frs facebk me sharing their experiences w relative's cancer..

i wana remind dear readers..
pls pls pls go thru all ur plans with ur adviser to make sure all u r well protected..
they told me their relatives cant claim at all... it is really a very sad thing..

many of my clients parents also thot they got buy but end up dun have..

so u must find a gd adviser n explain wat r the different types of coverage clearly.
-death
-total disabled
-accident
-major illness
-female illness
-hospital
-investment
-endowment
etc...

hospitalisation 100% MUST buy. medisave+cash payment
really a peace of mind..


im really v blessed with a good cancer stage..
in terms of cervix cancer im stage 1b
in terms of chemo, im stage 3...
cos once got spread its stage 3...

but most important, i know currently all my cancer cells r removed..
n i can fully recover one..
so im a blessed child!

No comments: